GREETINGS FUTURE RESIDENT!
We are thrilled to welcome our future residents to our communities this year! Please be sure to check your email for details about move-in specific to your community. As move-in day approaches, we want to share with you some of the features and safety expectations that are in place to help keep our residents and team members safe:
- For the protection of our team and community, residents and guests are required to wear masks when interacting with our staff and when in the office and common areas indoors. If you are unwilling or unable to wear a mask in these situations, we will provide you with alternative ways to serve you virtually.
We are asking all residents to limit the number of guests or visitors helping them move into their new apartment in order to avoid congestion and promote social distancing.
- Adhere to safe distancing guidelines, including (where applicable) limiting use of elevators to your own party, and when and if you are able, please utilize the stairs to minimize congestion.
- Plan to arrive during your scheduled move-in time. These times have been assigned in order to prevent crowds, reduce wait time, and spread out elevator use, where applicable. If you miss your scheduled time, you may experience a longer wait to check-in.
- Ensure that your lease and all addendums are signed, and proof of renters’ insurance is submitted in advance if required at your community.
- Pay your first installment prior to move-in day. This will reduce your wait time and ensure that you can pick up keys as soon as you arrive at your community.
- Read all communication from your community thoroughly. These emailed notices will outline the specific details of move-in at your property, including your scheduled check-in time. Share this information with your parents or guarantor, especially if they will be assisting you on move-in day.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR ROOMMATE(S)
As you get to know your roommate(s), we recommend taking time to discuss your expectations for maintaining a safe and healthy environment in your apartment. This may include establishing expectations around guests and visitors, how you will keep the apartment clean, and how you prefer to communicate with one another.
Meanwhile, our teams are continuing to prioritize health and safety at our communities. High-touch surfaces and common areas are routinely disinfected, safe distancing measures are encouraged. For the protection of our team and community, residents and guests are required to wear masks when interacting with our staff and when in the office and common areas indoors. If you are unwilling or unable to wear a mask in these situations, we will provide you with alternative ways to serve you virtually.
We are move-in ready and can’t wait to welcome you home. You belong here!